Part Time: 15 hours weekly (flexible hours)
Salary: $20 per hour ($15,600 annually)
Posting Date: March 16, 2018
Proposed Start Date: May 1, 2018
Probationary period: 6 months from the start of contract
The Executive Director will be responsible for the day to day operations of Prairie Voices Inc. (PVI). Direction and support will be provided by the Board of Directors. The Executive Director will attend board meetings to be aware of the direction the organization is moving and will execute any and all tasks as requested by the board. Such tasks may include the following:
- Volunteer coordination: recruit, schedule, and manage volunteers for various PVI events, including concerts. Examples of volunteer tasks include ushers and ticket takers, or set up and tear down of concert seating.
- Grant applications: seek out and apply for grants for PVI, including special event funding and operational funding. This may include liaising with funding institutions, preparing financial disclosure, and filling out application documents.
- Alumni and donor relations: build and maintain meaningful relationships with our supporters and stakeholders. This will include maintaining accurate and up-to-date lists of alumni and donors while respecting legal requirements regarding the housing of personal information. Communication with alumni and donors will require excellent time management, and provide stakeholders with accurate and timely information as to PVI’s activities and goals.
- Fundraising coordination: plan and execute short and long-term fundraising activities that will allow PVI to maintain the funding it needs. This may include fundraising events as well as sales-based group fundraisers.
- Community relations/recruitment: build and maintain meaningful relationships with potential community supporters, such as other music organizations and schools, in order to build PVI’s reputation and to attract new members. This will include communicating key information to community supporters and widely publicizing auditions.
- Event coordination: schedule and execute PVI events, including concerts and retreats. This will include booking and liaising with venues, rental and transportation of equipment, set up and tear down, acquiring liquor licenses, and coordinating foods and beverages as required.
- Tour coordination: plan and schedule PVI tours, including travel, accommodation, meals, and performances. Emphasis should be placed on reducing cost by avoiding tour companies and seeking group discounts.
- Finance: manage PVI’s bookkeeping and transactions in conjunction with PVI’s Treasurer. This will include tracking transactions and making payments as required, maintaining the PVI financial records, making appropriate deductions and remittances, financial and taxation reporting, and making regular reports to the Board of Directors.
- Public relations and branding: coordinate PVI’s online presence, including regular and frequent posts on social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.), sharing content on various platforms (audio, video, and photos), and regular updates of our website.
Skills and Qualifications
- Familiarity with Prairie Voices Inc., Manitoba Choral Association, and the larger Manitoba choral community
- Minimum 1 year of experience in event and concert management with a focus on choral music
- Ability to meet deadlines with little or no supervision
- Ability to create and maintain documents of a sensitive nature as per PIPEDA
- Attention to detail with regards to program creation and proofing
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a focus on donor relations
- Knowledge of social media with a focus on website maintenance as well as Facebook and Instagram
- Knowledge of legislation and organizational structure of not-for-profits
- Knowledge or background in financial management and ability to remain on budget
- Background in the arts with a focus on music considered an asset
- Post-secondary education considered an asset
- Background in grant writing and donor relations considered an asset
All interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Executive Director” no later than April 6, 2018.