Horizon Assistant Director
Horizon is searching for an Assistant Director! As part of the PVI Assistant Director Mentorship Program, the successful candidate will occupy the role of Assistant Director of Horizon under the tutelage of Artistic Director Johanna Hildebrand.
Prairie Voices Inc. Assistant Director Mentorship Program
Candidates must have or be in the process of completing a Bachelor’s Degree with a Major or Minor in Music
Previous choral directing experience at Jr. High or High School level (examples include workshops, church choirs, and honour choirs).
Length of Term
The Assistant Director Mentorship will be for a renewable annual term, to last a maximum of two years.
Mentees shall receive $2500.00 per season, to be paid in eight equal installments on the first of each month from September through May.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Attend all Horizon rehearsals and concerts
- Attend Prairie Voices Inc. board meetings
- Attend Artistic Director meetings
- Prepare repertoire for rehearsals and concerts as chosen by the Artistic Director
- Review Artistic Director correspondence regarding rehearsal and performance notes
- Meet with Artistic Director once per month (outside of regularly scheduled rehearsals and Artistic Director meetings) to discuss ongoing musical growth
- Assist the Artistic Director with auditions for Horizon
Keys to Success
- Take every opportunity to learn from the Artistic Director
- Be active in your constant communication and growth
- Be over-prepared, on time and disciplined in your role
- Get to know the singers, maintaining a professional relationship with all
- Remember that all choral directors never stop learning, no matter their years of experience.
- Professional Development money may be available upon request, subject to approval by the Prairie Voices Inc. Board of Directors.
- Mentorship under the Artistic Director allows him/her final say on all artistic decisions, using your input for added assistance.
Applicants should submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 22, 2018 at 5pm.
Applications must include:
- Cover letter
- A CV, including 2-3 references
- Repertoire list for performed pieces, and a repertoire list for rehearsed pieces over the past two years.
Applicants are also strongly encouraged to provide a rehearsal video (approx. 10 minutes) in which the camera faces the candidate, made available to the selection committee via streaming.